Premium Preparedness Partner Program
Over 5 Hours of Online Training to Keep Your Childcare Program Safe and Secure
Enroll today for $188/Year ($25 Savings)
PLEASE NOTE: Google Chrome Internet Browser works best to access the courses and content. If you are having issues, please try Google Chrome as your Internet Browser.
What you get as a Premium Preparedness Partner:
- Early access to our new courses.
- Special discount on our new Coronavirus Training Bundle.
- Unlimited viewing for 1 year.
- Certificates provided after successful completion of each course.
- Discount on in-person training.
- Opportunity to provide feedback on courses and topics that you would like to see!
The P4 program provides a full suite of preparedness courses to early childhood professionals. Providers will learn the skills and gain the resources they need to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and disasters.
Learning Goals and Objectives:
Upon taking our online P4 courses, participants will be able to:
- Identify real-world prevention techniques to secure your facility long before an active assailant arrives.
- Describe what situational awareness is and how to implement it.
- Identify how to work with and assist law enforcement during an active threat situation.
- Discuss how to communicate with emergency management, family organizations, and law enforcement before, during, and after an emergency.
- Describe how to increase the security of your program and implement low-cost safety measures.
- Identify how to respond to an emergency or disaster, citing numerous possible scenarios.
- Discuss how to create an active shooter preparedness plan and conduct drills in a safe, calm, and age-appropriate manner.
- Describe fire safety, fire basics/chemistry, fire inspection elements, common fire inspection violations, fire extinguisher techniques, and response options for fires.
Get Access to the Following:
- Situational Awareness: 30 Minutes
- Working With Law Enforcement: 30 Minutes
- Active Shooter Preparedness Basics: 30 Minutes
- Communication During Emergencies and Disasters: 1 Hour
- Site Safety and Security: 30 Minutes
- Designing and Conducting Meaningful Emergency Preparedness Drills: 1 Hour
- Fire Safety and Prevention: Coming Soon
- Response Options: Coming Soon
Andrew Roszak-JD, MPA, EMT-P: Andrew serves as the Executive Director at the Institute for Childhood Preparedness, where he oversees work designed to enhance emergency preparedness, response, and recovery for early childhood professionals. He is also an adjunct faculty member at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA, where he helps train the next generation of public health professionals in the department of community and environmental health. Previously Roszak has served as the Senior Director of Environmental Health, Pandemic Preparedness, and Catastrophic Response at the National Association of County and City Health Officials – where he worked with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the 3,100 local health departments in the United States to increase pandemic preparedness efforts.
Ronald Roszak: Ronald serves as the Senior Safety Advisor for the Institute for Childhood Preparedness. Previously, Ron has served as a subject matter emergency preparedness expert for Child Care Aware® of America, supporting their Emergency Preparedness Team. Ronald has over 20 years of distinguished service as a law enforcement professional, including experience as a patrol officer, tactical unit supervisor, watch commander, detective, and community outreach officer.
Core Competencies Standards
We know that every state has its own set of standards and protocols regarding statewide training and professional and career development courses for the early childhood community. Our online training courses were researched, developed, and designed with input from early childhood professionals, child care providers, directors and administrators, early childhood learning institutions, Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies, Head Start and Early Head Start programs, public health professionals, public policy experts, emergency management, and law enforcement.
During our on-site training, we seek professional guidance and feedback from early childhood professionals. Our online courses reflect this feedback, and we aim to provide early childhood professionals with the latest and most informative core competency learning standards. We do not expect early childhood professionals to be emergency preparedness experts, therefore our online training courses provide skills, abilities, qualities, and actionable tips and policies. Our training enables early childhood communities across the country, so they can serve the children in their care and provide a safe and prepared environment.
Who Are These Online Training Courses For?
Early childhood professionals have an awesome responsibility. Not only do they provide a caring environment for infants, toddlers, and children, but they also must provide a safe and secure environment. Our online training courses provide early childhood professionals with resilience, confidence, and a strong learning foundation to protect children in an emergency or natural disaster.
We know that the needs of the early childhood community are very specific. That’s why we designed our courses to meet the needs of early childhood professionals, those that care for infants, toddlers, and children, Child Care Resource and Referral organizations, parents, teachers, child care providers, directors and administrators, and early childhood learning institutions.
All the topics that we cover in our online training courses are approached in a safe and calm manner. We aim to address the specific needs of the early childhood community, and we wholeheartedly agree that children should be allowed to learn, grow, and dream without the threat of aggressive preparedness policies. During our online training courses, we never call for unannounced drills or simulated violence of any kind. Instead, we provide actionable ways for child care providers to teach children about emergency preparedness, response, and recovery in a developmentally age-appropriate way.
Assessments and Student Accountability
Our online training courses keep students actively engaged and eager to learn. We have designed our courses with a learn at your pace approach; students can start and stop courses at their convenience, go back and re-learn or refresh course topics, and students also have access to the online courses for one full year from the time of purchase.
Our teaching approach is warm, calm, and respectful, and we make sure no student is left behind. With a mix of slides, graphics, videos, and other creative visuals, students feel empowered, focused, energetic, and ready to learn. We have framed our coursework to meet the needs of the early childhood community, making sure that everyone can participate and put our practices to use in a child care setting. Because our courses make participants feel empowered and confident, students have the desire to continue learning and building upon each lesson in our online course catalog.
Time Awarded for Online Training Courses
Upon the successful completion of each online training course, participants are awarded a certificate of completion. Each certificate states the name of the student, course minutes, name of the course, and date the course was completed. The time awarded for the course is equal to the amount of time used to complete the course.